Lakme Beauty Masterclass in association with Femina
Hola Beauties :)
Last weekend it was a double brownie points for me – As I had a mini vacation planned plus a Lakme MasterClass invitation in my mail box ;). I missed my opportunity of attending this MasterClass during Lakme Fashion Week so I was desperate to make it to the event this time around ;).
What : Event : Lakme Beauty Masterclass in association with Femina
When : 9th November 2013
Where : The Lalit Hotel, Mumbai
I was a stirred up soul walking to the event as I knew I had a great chance to learn and meet some great personalities :). I walked into soul soothing ambience. I registered myself and was told to pick a color card from Green, Blue & Purple – Purple my favorite from those three ;)
I still have those early butterflies in my stomach walking into an event which settles down with known faces ;) – Ishani gives a warm welcome and put me to a comfort zone. Later met Shanaya and those butterflies vanishes in a blink of an eye :D and a warm hug from Jazz buries them completely :).
The Masterclass was divided into three sections :
First up was a session on skin rejuvenating by Dr. Roshni Wadhwani(Renowned Cosmetolgist) –
She started with skin ageing topic and followed by the importance of Cleansing, Toning & Moisturizing (CTM). Later, She introduced us with the Lakme Youth Infinity range – A detailed report on its pros and application was provided. During the session we were awarded the range on our table to try our luck with the awesome product :).
Youth Infinity Sculpting Ritual:
- Stroke 1 – Sculpt your Neck
- Stroke 2 – Sculpt your Jaw
- Stroke 3 – Sculpt your Smile
- Stroke 4 – Sculpt your Cheeks
- Stroke 5 – Sculpt your Brows
Few important tips I gathered from the session:
- Cleansing, Toning & Moisturizing is very important step in protecting the beauty of your skin.
- Anti-Ageing protection should start in late 20’s.
- Infinity Sculpting Ritual is great range and Highly Recommended from my end.
- Infinity Sculpting Ritual should be followed twice a day.
- During Application : While stroking of any skin care products use fingers with gentle pressure.
- Application should always be in upwards direction – Never stretch or pull your strokes downwards.
Second up was Natasha Nischol (Famous Make-up Artist) who offered easy 10 Steps to Everyday Styling –
- Step 1 – Foundation or CC cream : Using a finger applied Lakme Absolute Face Stylist Foundation or CC Cream all over the face and neck. (One can use a brush or sponge for more coverage).
- Step 2 – Blush : Use a lipstick – Yes you read it right a Lipstick !! Use fingers to melt it into the cheeks and add a pop of color.
- Step 3 – Concealer : Dot Lakme Absolute Face Stylist Concealer under your eyes using your ring finger and blend it.
- Step 4 – Compact : Using a powder brush apply Lakme Absolute Face Stylist Compact lightly all over the face. It will help to set the foundation.
- Step 5 – Brows : Groom your Brow. Fill in the brows using an eyebrow pencil.
- Step 6 – Eyeshadow : Using the new Lakme Absolute Drama Stylist Shadow Crayon in Bronze – Create a wash of color and sheen on the entire eyelid.
- Step 7 – Define : Using a soft blending brush and a soft brown shade – Define your crease area and your lower lash line.
- Step 8 – Line : Create a thin eyeliner on the upper lash line using Lakme Absolute Shine Line in Black.
- Step 9 – Mascara : Curl your lashes using a curler and apply a single coat of Lakme Eyeconic Mascara.
- Step 10 – Apply Lakme 9 to 5 Lip Liner top it with Lakme Gloss Stylist – A plum pout and you’re done :)
Few important tips I gathered from the session:
- Natasha prefers Lipstick as a blush over the actual blush.
- Grooming your brows is an important step as they add a youthful look and frame your face.
- Defining your socket line adds definition and a lift your eyes.
The last thing you need after your skin care ritual and a lovely make-up is Styling !
Step in Divyak D’Souza (Femina’s Deputy Fashion Editor) ;) – He owned the stage within few minutes and offered some amazing styling tips. He provided a detailed styling tips for the 4 body types – Apple, Pear, Hourglass & Straight.
The Four Body Types:
1. Straight – They are people who are Thin & Tall.
Few important tips I gathered for Straight Body Type –
- Jumpsuits looks stunning.
- Ruffles go well.
- They can go for longer jackets for more lean look.
- They can experiment with colored bottoms.
2. Apple – People who are Top heavier and poses Broad Shoulders.
Few important tips I gathered for Apple Body Type –
- Go for Monochromatic look.
- Go for darker shades bottoms.
- Wear belt at the smallest part of your waist.
- Wear short skirts and shorts as Legs are your best part – So highlight them ;)
3. Pear – People who are wider on the Hips.
Few important tips I gathered for Pear Body Type –
- Go for A-line skirts and Flare dresses.
- Experiment with light colored tops and dark colored bottoms.
- Keep your trousers cropped on the ankle.
- Try jackets that hit right above the waist.
- Do NOT wear clothes that draws attention to hips and thighs.
- Opt for pointed shoes.
4. Hourglass – People with proportioned at Top and at the Bottom.
Few important tips I gathered for Hourglass Body Type –
- Do NOT hide your curves – Flaunt them ;)
- Do wear fitted dresses.
- Try wrap dresses.
- Pencil dresses are the right choice.
- Opt for high waist skirts.
Post styling tips – We entered to the twilight phase of the Masterclass. I shared with you all the things I noted down from the event and thought it would be useful for you all. They amazing part of the event was Lakme and Femina joined forces to provide us with a complete look – That had skin care regime followed by perfect everyday make-up and styling tips. I had a great time and it will be a huge part of my learning curve as beauty & fashion blogger.
Remember – Earlier while registration we were asked to select a color card and I picked the purple one. There was something special stored for us – One on one session with one of the three from the panels of expert. My purple color card landed me for a quick session with Natasha Nischol *HappyMe* :).
I went in as a nervous soul and with loads of queries but as soon as I met her and shared a seat alongside her – Blank I went :D (Silly Me).
I really liked the idea of using a lipstick as a blush so I had one major concern that needed a clarification –
Me – I have a combi-oily skin so can I use lipstick as a blush – Will it cause a breakout ?
Natasha Nischol – No dear, You go for powder blushes.
With that answer the event pulled down the curtains for me – That’s a warp !! :)
Here are few fun moments from the event ;)
Munch’em Up :
Post event there was these finger licking snacks and desserts ;). I don’t mind few delicious calories on the weekend :D
Click Click Click :
Femina Cover Girls ;). Few Dearies and a Camera – You know whats next : Pose – Smile – Click ! :*
P.S : Sorry Jazz – No clicks with you :(. I promise next time pakka :* Love :)
Mini OOTD :
A Little Red Dress from Mango <3
Few Freebies :
& Few Goodies on my away back home ;)
Lakme Beauty Masterclass in association with Femina was a great learning curve plus an amazing experience. I had fun and enjoyed the event to the core :). I stepped out as a stronger and smart beauty blogger and a confident soul. I had many more tips and tricks in my arsenal and smile on my face. :)
Sayonara Dearies !! Hope You enjoyed the virtual tour of the Lakme Masterclass :)