Friday Face Of The Day – Smokey Eyes & Sleek Pony Tail Look
Hello Magnifico’s :)
I’m back again with another episode of Friday Face Of The Day showcasing a tutorial on “how to achieve plum smokey eyes” plus complimenting the overall makeup look with a sleek pony tail on the hairstyle front.
In recent times, I have spotted a lot of Bollywood celebs sporting the middle partitioned sleek pony tail look with smokey eyes and collared clothing to promotional events. Here is a sneak peak where our favorite Bollywood divas like Deepika Padukone, Sonam Kapoor, Aditi Rao Hydari & Sonakshi Sinha have nailed this trend.
So without any further delay, Let’s get started on – How to achieve this look :
For Eyes :
- Primed my eyes using the MUA eye primer which helps the eye shadow to last longer plus avoids signs of creasing.
- Applied the MAC powerchrome eye crayon pencil in shade Life’s Luxury (plum color) all over the lid to create the base and later smudged the color using the MAC 219 brush.
- Layered up the plum colored base eye makeup using another deeper variant of plum hue from the Makeup Revolution I Heart Chocolate Palette up to the crease area.
- Soften the edges and blended the shades at the crease area with help of a brown shade from the same palette. Later applied the same brown eye shadow on the lower lash line area.
- Curled the lashes with the Inglot lash curler and applied dual coats of L’Oreal Paris 4D mascara.
For Face :
- Dusted the fall outs and clean the face and applied the Oriflame face primer.
- Applied the combination of L’Oreal Paris infallible foundation in shade Radiant Beige & Revlon skinlights face illuminator lotion all over the face and neck area followed by L’Oreal Paris infallible compact powder in shade Sand Beige to set the base makeup. Later, applied Clinique orange brighter and corrector to eliminate the dark circles and areas needed extra coverage.
- Contour my cheeks to add more definition to my face using the Shiseido bronzer. Finished off by applying MAC fleur power blush on the apple of my cheeks.
For Lips :
- Painted my pout using the L’oreal Paris Color Riche Moist Matte Limited Edition Swarovski Lipstick in shade Lincoln Rose.
For Hair :
- The middle portioned sleek ponytail looks posh, voguish and comfy and it takes hardly any efforts to achieve and maintain the look. Plus an apt hairstyle when you are suffering from greasy hair.
- I had greasy hair on the day I was shooting for this look so it hardly took me any efforts to achieve middle parting and tying up tight low pony tail. I applied couple of pumps of Wella Professionals hair oil reflections to set the hairdo.
Friday Face Of The Day :
Share your thoughts on the Smokey Eyes complied with Sleek Pony Tail Trend in the comment section below.
By Vipra Patil – Mumbai Blogger
Forever Magnifico (Indian Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog)
Photo Courtsey : Abhijeet Kank